Campaign Gears is looking for a campaign coordinator to keep our projects on time, on budget and up to our high standards.
We are a campaigns company that help progressive non-profits and unions. We help you win is our motto. We help our clients assemble strong campaigns by building websites, videos, social assets, campaign plans, opinion research, and training. Our clients include three federations of labour, most of the national unions (and components therein) as well as a collection of nonprofits working on women’s issues, indigenous rights, and the environment.
We work fast and are dedicated to the causes our clients represent. We like to stay on the leading edge of campaigning and strongly believe that campaigns need digital components but also need to account for the in-person connection.
The Campaign Coordinator will take ownership of specific projects as assigned and coordinate between clients and contractors.
- Consulting with President and the sales team about the scope of proposals to clients.
- Ensuring contractor work orders fulfil the scope of the client proposal.
- Managing project design with clients: teaching how the design process works, agreeing on client roles and responsibilities. crafting client facing plans and updating plans as projects evolve. (Ensuring client is in agreement to all changes).
- Implementing project plans according to time, budget and quality expectations.
- Managing client relations ensuring the highest level of satisfaction in Campaign Gears, escalating any high-risk concerns to President on a timely basis.
- Triaging client feedback and ensuring the design/dev teams have everything they need to make correct adjustments.
- Consulting with clients about web best practice and campaigning best practices.
- Review of all deliverables for quality assurance before deliverables are sent to the client.
- Maintaining project change log and meeting notes.
- Ensuring compliance with the project budget and controlling scope creep.
- Coordinating between contractors to ensure the team is putting forward the best work possible.
- Reviewing projects and providing recommendations for future proposals.
This is a new role at Campaign Gears. Part of the initial duties is to develop the position of Campaign Coordinator and establish systems.
- Experience with digital campaigning
- Experience leading or managing web/film/event/campaign projects with contractors.
- Excellent client relations manner often dealing with high-stress situations.
- Progressive politics and understanding of social movements and a willingness to learn.
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing nature of campaigns and the day to day shifts in strategy.
- Attention to detail
- Helpful and collaborative.
- Have your own computer, phone and internet connection.
- Skill in new business development
- Skill in proposal writing, billing, and other administrative tasks
- Experience maintaining website content, social media content, etc.
- Campaign Gears is interested in reflecting the diversity of Toronto. Non-traditionally represented groups are encouraged to apply.
Payment: We are looking for the right person. We are open to structuring this position as a freelance, part-time or full-time position. For a sense of scale, this position, if hired full-time would pay between $50 000 and $60 000 a year.
Location: Toronto prefered, but working at a distance possible.
We are members of the Canadian Freelance Union (Unifor).
To apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com We will hold the position open until we find the right person.